To serve our community by providing conversational English classes for Non-English speaking persons to improve their English reading, writing, and speaking skills as we share the Gospel message using excerpts from the Easy-to-Read Bible.
Even though people may be from different nations, we have the same experiences in life. In every neighborhood the conversations of life are the same. People seek to understand, they search for meaning, fight loss and disappointment, celebrate birthdays and mourn deaths, begin new jobs, love, and long for peace – even a peace that passes understanding. And tomorrow the conversations will be the same…unless there is a new vocabulary – the basis for a new conversation.
FriendSpeak is designed to bring new friends together, and through the conversations of the Gospel, do two things for our neighbors whose native language is something other than English.
- Provide valuable assistance through exercises that improve conversational English, and
- Introduce the vocabulary of life, the words and deeds of Jesus Christ.
Description of Teaching:
- Reading: We use material incorporating Bible passages designed for all levels of comprehension.
- Vocabulary: The material we use will help our readers communicate more effectively in all areas of daily life including work, school, shopping, etc.
- Comprehension: Each lesson includes questions which reinforce comprehension.
- Conversation: Our classes are fairly informal with each session beginning with a short time of fellowship.
Grapevine Church of Christ Fellowship Hall
Time & Day:
7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday nights.
There is no cost for our readers to participate.
During the regular school year, readers are encouraged to have their children attend our Grapevine Church of Christ Wednesday night Bible classes while they participate in their FriendSpeak class.